Membership Marketing in the Digital Age
The best new resource for everyone in the realm of membership! Our new book features over seventy illustrations including reproductions of marketing pieces and management tools used by leading museums and libraries across the country. Here's a book that will help your museum, library, or membership program generate many times the purchase price through better practices that will increase your membership many times over.
- Denver Art Museum – A Groundbreaking with Results
Nothing motivates membership planning like the promise of a new building, a growing museum, and the hope for a greatly expanded membership. That was the exact situation at the Denver Art Museum as it prepared for its groundbreaking architectural creation. Fifteen months prior to the new museum opening, Membership Consultants was engaged to help plan for the membership portion of the grand opening.
- Read More
AMMC 2014 Session Presentations and Handouts
In this data-rich presentation, you’ll hear from Museum colleagues and experts in membership and development about how to create multi-channel campaigns that engage, educate, and excite! Learn how to layer appeals, special promotions, or acquisition and renewals using email, social media, re-targeting and focused online advertising. Experts in the digital marketing arena and membership professionals will share stats, experiences and results.
- Angela Brink, Member Relations Officer, Museum of Science, Boston
- Dana Hines, President and CEO, Membership Consultants
- Angela Perrillo, Membership Benefits Manager, Field Museum of Natural History
- Rosie Siemer, Founder and CEO, fiveseed, Inc.
CLICK HERE to view or download the slide deck.
On-Site sales is one of the most cost effective and successful ways to acquire new members. On-site sales can account for 50% or more of new members acquired annually. Fully utilizing this great source of members requires great know-how in terms of selecting the right people to promote membership, training for the salespeople, developing supportive signage, incentives and setting realistic goals. Learn from specialists in this area as well as three museums who have mastered the art of the sale with internal sales teams or hired guns to maximize membership sales.
- Karen Mariani, Manager of On-Site Sales and Marketing, Membership Consultants
- Phyllis Evans, Director of Membership and Annual Giving, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum Foundation
- Jennie Swanson, Membership and Museum Services Manager, Laumeier Sculpture Park
- Kate Gleason, Membership Manager, Saint Louis Art Museum
CLICK HERE to view the slide deck.
CLICK HERE to view handout for this session.
Click the title to view each handout.